Follow by Email

Sunday, 22 April 2012

Prayer for Vocations

I would like to share this prayer with all of you. It is one I have written and made up, so you won't find it anywhere else. I hope that as it has helped me, it will help you in discerning God's will for you in your life. Please be assured of my prayer for all your intentions, those I know and don't know.
With love, peace and blessings in the Risen Lord,
Kim Lee

Dearest Jesus,
I love you dearly with all my heart.
Help me always to be faithful to the one God in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Please help me to always listen, and not to try and force my own will, but embrace yours.
And in the time of waiting during discernment, while I am waiting to wholly fulfil your will,
I ask you to teach me patience, and to love us and bless us all, those who I know and don't know.
Lead me, dear Jesus, and guide me to doing your will.
Through Christ our Lord,
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Kim Lee

    I encourage you in the name of Jesus
    to look again at how Jesus prayed and to whom did Jesus pray to!
    Jesus identified his Father as the only true GOD
    [John 17.1,3]; to Him alone was Jesus faithful!

    Jesus taught us
    (especially in the Lord's Prayer - Matt. 6.9ff)
    to pray to the Father.
    He taught his disciples to
    ask the Father in his name.
    [John 15.16, 16.23]

    That is how his disciples prayed
    e.g. [NASB]
    Acts 4.24
    And when they heard this, they lifted their voices to God with one accord and said,
    "O Lord, it is You who MADE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH AND THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM,"

    29 "And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence,
    30 while You extend Your hand to heal, and signs and wonders take place through the name of Your holy servant Jesus."

    Also, on the subject of
    the one God in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
    I recommend this video:
    The Human Jesus

    Take a couple of hours to watch it; and prayerfully it will aid you in your quest for truth.

    Yours In Messiah
    Adam Pastor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adam,
      Thanks for your comment. I am aware of the above, although I deliberately put up that prayer to show that there is no "set way" of praying as such. One might see prayer as a communication or conversation with God, and in keeping intentions in one's heart and in striving to be in union with Jesus, we can consider every thought, word and deed as a prayer - so we end up becoming a living holocaust, a living prayer for all the intentions of the world. It is not the words in particular of any prayer, but the desires of one's heart to fulfil His will.

      With all kind wishes and peace in the Risen Lord,
      Kim

      Delete

For our comment policy, please see the About & Contact us page.