Follow by Email

Thursday, 5 July 2012

Vocation Story: Sr Elizabeth (Postulant)

Sr. Elizabeth
Source
New Ulm, MN

“Always be prepared to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope.” – 1 Peter 3:15

The seed of my vocation was planted when I was in 8th grade, after my mom’s uncle passed away. In order to assist him on his way to Heaven, mom would go to Daily Mass with this intention. As a young teenager, the fact that it is possible to pray at Mass and be happy doing so made a deep impression on me. I saw such joy in my mom and I wanted the same. The following year found me looking for opportunities to grow in this newly-found faith in Christ.

During 10th grade, God opened my heart to Religious Life. I wanted His will and the more I considered giving my life to Christ, the more I realized a desire for His love! Christ’s love is so amazing! God directed me to the Dominican Sisters of Mary and all I can do is praise and thank Him! How grateful I also am for Fr. Mark Steffl’s spiritual guidance. And beyond his help, I wish to thank Msgr. Grams and Msgr. Richter for forming my Catholic Faith as well as Fr. Craig Timmerman and Margaret McHugh for their generous vocational direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For our comment policy, please see the About & Contact us page.