Follow by Email

Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Vocation Story: Sr Katie Ann (Postulant)

 Source

 Davidson, NC

altMy wonderful parents Craig and Kathleen, did an excellent job raising me and my four younger siblings in the Catholic Church. I was blessed to graduate from the John Paul II School (my family’s homeschool) as well as enjoy my dance- practice through which I become an Open Champion Irish Step Dancer.
While in eighth grade, I went on a field trip with other friends to visit Dominican Sisters in Tennessee.  This opened my eyes to religious life and my heart was enkindled to  consider what God might be asking of me.  My family had been open about vocations and the fact that God has a unique plan for each of their children.  We prayed for vocations as a family and for seminarians as well.  Several parish priests who are close family friends also helped me discern God’s will.  
When God decided it was the proper time, I met Sister Joseph Andrew at Belmont Abbey College. She was leading a retreat for young women based on Blessed John Paul II’s letter On the Dignity and Vocation of Women.  It was only a one day retreat but God worked quickly!  Sister helped me put the pieces of my life and desires together. I later was to make a retreat in Ann Arbor with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, and the rest is history!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For our comment policy, please see the About & Contact us page.