Follow by Email

Monday, 13 August 2012

Visits to a few religious orders...

Apologies again for the lack of activity from both Emily and I these past few weeks. We have both scheduled a number of posts and I am currently doing the final touches to a few more posts with the help of sisters from a few different orders. I will let you all know once I have finalised and published them, so please watch this space.

I went to visit the Salesian Sisters on a number of occasions while I was in London. Just by being in the house and talking to the sisters and seeing what they do and meeting them, I am beginning to realise what is "for me" and what not. To be honest, I haven't had a good enough look to completely make too many judgements at present, but something inside me is slightly drawing me away from it and asking me to look elsewhere. So I've discovered that perhaps, at this moment in time, God wants me elsewhere and only patience will find out where...

I also went to see Mother Matthias OSB at Tyburn Convent. Although I have been in touch with the Tyburn nuns for a number of years now, I had never actually been there before, so this was a first time experience. I went to adoration, had a talk with Mother Matthias, had some supper and then went to compline. Somehow it felt like home to me. I wonder whether that was because I know they know me well and I've always been very open and honest with them about everything since I was quite young, or whether it was Our Lord and Our Lady trying to hint something at me. For now, I can only say that time will tell, but my thoughts of Tyburn remain the same.

I will keep you all updated as I make a few more visits over time. I think it's important to remember that the only way to really discern properly is to be patient. We are all called to different things and I truly believe that my moving around, even within London over the last month has all been for some reason - I've discovered things I never thought possible, and I have met people who I have been able to help a bit, which has hopefully made a little impact on their lives for the better. I want to be out there for a bit longer to try and make this world a better place - my only wish is to be there for those in need - what on earth that is supposed to mean as far as my vocation is concerned, I still don't know, but I hope that one day I will know.

God Bless, and I will keep you all in my prayer,
Kim Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment

For our comment policy, please see the About & Contact us page.