Follow by Email

Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Tyburn Convent visit with a friend

I've just spent a day at Tyburn convent again, one of my monthly visits on the first Sunday of the month. I always try to be there then, but sometimes I am at the convent at other times. Sunday was the first time I brought a friend of mine along with me, a lady I know from Church. It was her first time in a Benedictine convent, and she told me she expected it to be dark and cold - quite the opposite! Tyburn Convent is very well lit and it is usually fairly warm, except sometimes the chapel may be a bit cold since it is quite a large, open space. We spoke with Mother Matthias as I always do, and she said that my "finding myself somewhat associated with and at times, outside Tyburn Convent" is not what I said was "random", but rather the Lord giving me a mission. What that mission is, I cannot say, because I do not know. I am still trying to discern exactly what the Lord wants from me. I cannot deny the frustration I experience when being behind the grills. That is one of the reasons I like to be on the balcony in the chapel, because I can see over the grills. It makes me feel like I'm actually sort of "inside" the convent, even if I'm not quite in the enclosure (yet!). My friend was asking about Mother Matthias' vocation story, which I will one day document and post on here, should I be given her permission to share her story with you all. I know a lot of the Tyburn Nuns personally, and so far, I know of two girls from two parishes I have been part of that have entered with them. They are a "traditional, faithful, and flourishing" congregation. Please pray for their house abroad where there was a fire recently, that the sisters may find the assistance they need to rebuild the part of the house that was burned down. Please also pray for their latest project of setting up a house in Nigeria. Through Christ our Lord, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For our comment policy, please see the About & Contact us page.