Follow by Email

Monday, 19 November 2012

Update: Emily's Story

This was originally posted on Emily Ann's Corner.

As my past posts may have indicated, I have struggled in my discernment recently. I have struggled to find any peace. I realised by personal desires were getting in the way of my discerning the will of God. So I offered all my desires to God, and over time have been able to realise that I do not believe that I have a vocation to the religious life.

I do not regret the path I have taken. I do not regret discerning the religious life. I do not regret my time at St. Cecilia’s. I truly believe that God called me to discern the religious life. But for now, I believe He is leading me in a different direction. I loved St. Cecilia’s and the thought of not going back was very painful at first but the Lord has given me peace. I think that peace is for me the truest sign that this is the will of God. Perhaps He will lead me back there in the future, at the moment I do not know.

As the subtitle of this blog says, I am trying to find my way. I don’t know where the road is leading at this point, but I trust that the Lord has something great in store for me. I want to thank all of you who have been so kind and supportive of me on this journey. I do plan to keep on blogging so this blog is not done with yet!

Addition for The Vocation Operation:

Although I have discerned that my vocation is not to the religious life, I have a great appreciation for the religious life and am still committed to the work I have begun in The Vocation Operation. I hope to use my experiences to continue to help others who feel called to the religious life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For our comment policy, please see the About & Contact us page.