Follow by Email

Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Decisions...

Sometimes the right decisions are the hardest to make. You know they are the best decision at the time to have made, and that it will only be in your best interest that such a decision is carried forward, but at the same time, it hurts. You can pretend all you want that you are mature and able to take the decision well, but inside, you still hurt. I guess that's what makes us human. These decisions are hard, but they enable you to take a leap of faith and take the next step, and know that you are not walking the road alone. On every inch of the path, God is there to guide you, even if you cannot see it or recognise it. It is true to say that you may be inwardly aware that this is all part of God's will - and in my case, it is such. What's funny is that I always say that I should be careful of what I pray for, because, as we have been told in the Gospel of Matthew, "Ask and you shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and the door will be opened to you..." (Matthew 7:7), and I have received what I asked for, the things I sought, I found, and the doors I knocked on opened.
At the same time, it is so terrifyingly scary. We are human, and naturally, we fear the unknown. We can be open to things, and attentive to the Holy Spirit to lead us and guide us, saying "Speak Lord, your servant is listening" (1 Samuel 3:10), and this is indeed a beautiful thing, but so many times I have said that and then tried to run from God. I think it's mainly because I am so sure of where He is leading me, and I have been granted so much of what I asked for that it is often very hard to believe. God is so good to us, if only we knew how blessed we all are, truly and beautifully blessed, so I am not sad about some of the decisions I have had to make, only determined to allow them to let me grow and become stronger in God's time.
Asking for your prayers, while assuring you of mine,
Kim Lee
Foundress
The Vocation Operation

No comments:

Post a Comment

For our comment policy, please see the About & Contact us page.