Some Words of Comfort in Times of Need...
When all seems to be turning itself upside down, here are a few things to remember:
The worst part of Jesus' life (i.e. The Passion and Cross) was the best part - He gave Himself for us and died for our sins, and showed us that He loves us unconditionally.
- He gave us His mother as our own - "Here is your mother" - John 19:27.
- He had to go down to go up - without the Passion and Cross, the Resurrection has no meaning!
"God works with those who love Him...and will turn all to their good" - Romans 8:28
"If God is for us, who can be against us?"
- God is ever faithful and God is Love. He will never let us down. Like a Father loves His children, God loves us even more, totally and unconditionally. He will never let anything beyond what we could handle happen to us.
- Sometimes we don't understand why things happen in our lives, but in actual fact, all that time, God is there, working in our hearts. Take each moment to "dwell in the house of the Lord...in His presence" and know that we can unite our sufferings to Christ and grow spiritually, becoming closer to God.
"Do not be afraid" appears in Scripture 365 times - that would be once for every single day. As all is done in God's time, and "there is a time for everything" - Ecclesiastes 3, then take each day as it comes and don't worry about tomorrow as there is enough to focus on today.
"Love is patient, Love is kind..." - 1 Cor 13:4, so if God is Love, then God is also patient and kind. Remember not to beat yourselves up for your sins. Try to learn from them and avoid making the same mistakes as much as possible, but remember and acknowledge your human weakness.
Remember that we are all "fools for Christ" - 1 Cor 4:10, which means that we who live the Christian life will not have an easy journey. We are going against the world to follow a life in Christ's footsteps, so there will be temptations to fall into things that go against the values we have as children of God. Take comfort in this: "My Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, do not let your hearts be troubled, do not be afraid." - John 14:27.
Recall the Way of the Cross - Jesus fell THREE times - but He always GOT BACK UP over and over again. His weakness was a physical one from carrying His cross - for us, it could be physical, but much more likely to be a spiritual weakness. Just take Jesus' example as an inspiration, and when you fall, remember to get back up!
Know that all of you who are in need at this moment in time, whatever the need may be (we tend to forget that we all have needs and intentions to pray for), I am praying for you always.
With love and prayer,
Your Sister in Christ,
Kim Lee (Thérèse)
- VOCATION REFLECTION: Sr Cecilia Ross SJW
- About & Contact Us
- Kim-Thérèse's Story
- Emily's Story
- Discernment Groups
- Vocations Resources
- Spiritualities Information
- Prayer Requests
- Religious - UK & Ireland
- Religious - USA
- Religious - Canada
- Religious - Australia & New Zealand
- Religious - International
- Malaysian Vocations Section
- Lay People